Here is a short description 4

Bob the Builder at centre of culture war over J.Lo's animated film

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Ewan
댓글 0건 조회 153회 작성일 24-01-29 07:46

본문

Can they change it, yes they can.

British TV icon Bob the Builder is at the centre of an unlikely culture war after being turned into a social justice warrior for a new big budget animated movie being produced by Jennifer Lopez.

The move - by toy giant Mattel which owns the rights to the character and is aiming to capitalise on the success of Greta Gerwig's Barbie Фільми з українською озвучкою - https://gidonline-ua.com/ will see the character called Roberto and the action taking place on the Caribbean Island of Puerto Rico.

But the decision to reinvent the children's TV favourite has sparked uproar.

One fan wrote on X the site formerly known as Twitter: 'The woke mob got the Bob the Builder'.

The original Bob the Builder character (Stock Image). The move will see the character called Roberto and the action taking place on the Caribbean Island of Puerto Rico 

Mattel which is co-producing the film with the production company run by the singer Jennifer Lopez, hopes the new movie will emulate the success of its Barbie film, which took more than a billion dollars at the international box office (File Photo)

Another fan complained: 'What business does a British construction worker have in Puerto Rico? This isn't my bob the builder.'

Frank Furedi, the emeritus professor of sociology at Kent University, also hit out at the move to turn Bob into a social justice warrior.

He said: 'According to the producers of the film, Bob the Builder now "carries an important message" and Bob will become an icon for empowerment. Bob the Builder is not just a fun story for children but now a medium for communicating the politics of identity.'

Last night, Keith Chapman, who created the character before selling the rights, welcomed the film and the casting but he said he hoped the character would be referred to as Bob in the film.

Mr Chapman, who lives in Monaco said: 'I wouldn't want to see Roberto in the title of the film. If I get a chance to speak to them which I probably will over the next few years as this develops I will raise everybody's concerns back in Britain.

'We should try and listen to the bring back Bob brigade. A lot of these new parents grew up with Bob the Builder. For them it's almost kind of leave our Bob alone. Don't mess with Bob.'

The American actor Anthony Ramos, who is himself of Puerto Rican heritage. will voice the character in the new film (File Photo)

In a statement announcing the new film the producers stated: 'When Roberto "Bob" travels to the enchanting island of Puerto Rico for a major construction job he takes issues affecting the island and digs deeper into what it means to build.'

The American actor Anthony Ramos, who is himself of Puerto Rican heritage. will voice the character in the new film.

The star said he was proud that the film will be 'adding elements of life that are inspired by my own.'

Mattel which is co-producing the film with the production company run by the singer Jennifer Lopez, hopes the new movie will emulate the success of its Barbie film, which took more than a billion dollars at the international box office.

Neil Morrissey, who was the voice of Bob in the TV series, was last night unavailable for comment.

Jennifer LopezWoke CultureTwitter

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.